In spite of July being one of the coldest months of the year, the City of Gold attracts people from all over the world. Why? Johannesburg has the freshest ideas, high octane energy and last but not least the friendliest people. The list of things to do in Joburg or Jozi termed by the locals is endless.
Feel the pulse of the city and explore some of the awesome events and entertainment you can look forward to:
- Defending the Caveman – 3 June to 26 August 2918 at Parker’s Comedy and Jive, Monte Casino. This non musical solo comedy holds the longest running record of all time on Broadway and in South African theater history. The script was adapted for South Africa by Tim Plewman who won the Award for Best Actor in Comedy and written by Rob Becker.
- Fire and Ice – 29 June to 8 July 2018 at the Mandela Theater in Braamfontein. Never performed in Johannesburg, Fire and Ice showcases two contrasting ballets, a world premiere by the well renowned Redha a french Algerian choreographer along with the classical Raymonda Act 3 produced by Guivalde de Almeida. Be part of one of the finest classical choreography’s ever produced in a single act.
- Great Balls of Fire – 18 July to 12 August 2018 at the Pieter Toerien Theater, Montecasino. The show features Craig Urbani, Paul Ditchfield and Ashleigh Butcher. Jonathan Roxmouth will be featuring the legend Jerry Lee Lewis. A show not to be missed.
- Crown Of The Russian Ballet – 21 to 22 July at Theater of Marcellus. These spectacular dancers heading to the South African stage, is a must for all ballet lovers. The principal dancer from the US Metropolitan Classical Ballet is none other than Anatoly Emelianoy who will make her grand appearance once again.
- Big 5 Comedy Show – 27 and 28 July 2018 at Teatro, Montecasino. Come and join us for a fun filled evening of stand-up comedy with Jason Goliath, Joey Rasdien, Stuart Taylor, Tumi Morake and John Vlismas.
- Oakfield Farm Winter Bridal Expo – 7 to 8 July 2018 at the Oakfield Farm in Mulderdrift. From fashion shows to live entertainment including over 150 wedding specialists to choose from, this is a must for all couples intending on getting married in the near future.
- Turbine Art Fair – 12 to 15 July 2018 at the Turbine Hall in Newtown. This is a wonderful platform for curators, art organizations and galleries to showcase their talents in an accessible way.
- The World of Dogs and Cats Pet Expo – 20 to 22 July at the Gallagher Convention Center, Midrand. Guests have the opportunity to speak to breeders and meet the various breeds, you can also meet the various animal welfare organizations if you are looking to adopt a rescue. There is an array of stalls featuring everything pet owners need to keep animals in peak condition and healthy as well as wellness solutions. Two arenas will host events that include the popular world dogs parade and dog agility and much more. Not to be missed by animals lovers and pet owners, a treat for the whole family.
- The Digital Transformation Congress (DTC) – 26 July at the Gallagher Convention Center. Participants can explore how to increase agility and efficiency with operational excellence, while creating customer-based experiences that re-invigorates and will grows your company’s revenue . Technology innovators and business leaders will come together and join forces on re inventing of products, cultures and technologies through digital transformation.
Stay warm and enjoy all the amazing events and entertainment in the City of Gold.