Wow, can you believe that we are already 6 months into 2018. Winter in finally upon us with autumn officially coming to an end, now we can begin the warm winter indulgences. Get out your scarves, beanies and warm jackets so you can indulge in Junes well worth events and entertainment in the City of Gold. Bring on the chill – we’re ready!
Here is a brief lineup of what you can look forward to:
- South Africa vs England – 9 June 2018 at Emirates Airline Park. As part of the Castle Lager Incoming Rugby Series 2018, the Springboks take on England. Not to be missed.
- Cellar Rats Winter Wine Festival – 2 June 2018 at Emperors Palace. A range of South Africa’s most popular and top wines will be showcased. In addition to wines there will be other distilled liquors and craft beers for you to sample. There is a wide range of products, crafts, home paste and the list goes on for all to enjoy.
- Fire & Feast Meat Festival – 8 to 10 June 2018 in Randburg. Not many can grill meat to perfection on an open flame quite like South Africans. Come and enjoy the versatility of excellent quality and delicious flavors, along with world class wines or cold beer. Meet some of the top South African butchers and chefs that will be sharing their skills and expertise. Included is the National Butcher’s Challenge which showcases their knife skills, hygiene, marketing and presentation. This festival is a highlight for visitors.
- 2018 Old Mutual Trophy Wine Show – 15 June 2018 in the Bill Gallagher Room, Sandton Convention Centre. Michael Fridjhon a well known wine authority along with a panel of judges from around the world will be presenting and judging. There has been over a 1000 wines submitted from around 200 wine producers that will go before the panel of judges. Wine lovers, book your stay at Atholl guest house and we will have a hearty breakfast ready for you in the morning.
- MARKEX International & Promotions Exhibition – 6 and 7 June 2018. It is an innovative forum that presents the latest in marketing technologies, promotion technologies and strategies as well as event services. Packed with exciting ventures and attractions, the event is an interesting one, in its field. Visitors can enjoy making connections by directly interacting with exhibitors. The exhibition promises some exciting ventures and loads of attractions this year.
- Hotel Show Africa – 24 to 26 June 2918. The show in conjunction with SAITEX attracts 1000’s of attendees as well as GM’s, owners, operators, procurement managers, designers, developers and the all important front-line hospitality personnel. Visitors can enjoy all the latest trends and ideas shaping the future of this industries.
- The Greatest Love of All – 21 June to 8 July 2018 at Theatre of Marcellus. This concert honours the memory and music of Whitney Houston. All her well known famous songs will be showcased featuring Belinda David’s along with a live band and dancers. The show has already featured in Canada, Australia, USA, New Zealand and Asia.
- Moonlight Maze – 9 June 2018 at Honeydew Mazes. The whole family can have a fun evening playing in giant mazes. Bring along a picnic basket and a torch and all under 16″ must be accompanied by adults. Each team comprises of 4 people, and before entering the maze you get briefed and issued a quiz sheet. Bookings are required.
- SA Forex Expo – 30 June 2018. The International Forex Trading Expo (South Africa) will bring together all local and international participants in the retail Foreign Exchange Trading Market, which is also known as the currency trading market for individual investors. A platform is provided for all participants to engage and share ideas, knowledge, and experiences through lectures, seminars, panel discussions and an exhibition of Forex products and services.
- Rush – 29 June to 1 July 2018 at the Sandton Convention Centre. Over the course of 3 days Rush is hosting many different e-sport’s activities and tournaments. This multi-tournament, platform, game event gives visitors the opportunity to experience the world of competitive gaming first-hand. Visitors to Rush are able to see and experience the e-sports phenomenon live, meet and greet the participating teams and players, watch South African gamer’s compete on-stage.
- Carmen the Opera – 1 to 10 June 2018 at the Mandela Theatre. This beautiful opera portrays a gypsy who is determined to live life, no matter what fate brings, on her own terms. The opera blends betrayal, seduction, jealousy, passion and some law-breaking. This well known opera and masterpiece is a must for all opera fans.
- Love Paws Concert – 2 June at NIROX Sculpture Park Krugersdorp. This is a fund raiser and awareness concert for non profit organisations that include PawsRU’s and 4 Paws. A selection of South African musicians that include Prime Circle, Jesse Clegg, Arno Carstens and others are putting on a live performance to raise much needed funds for animals shelters. Have a fun day while supporting this worthy cause.
In addition to the above the National Children’s Theater is presenting the Pied Piper from the 12 June to 15 July. Fire and Ice, a classic ballet will be at the Mandela Theater from 29 June to 8 July. Disney on Ice present Dream Big from 22 June to 1 July at the Dome. June certainly has a wonderful line up of entertainment and events where you are guaranteed to be warm, well entertained and well fed.