Whether you are a summer or winter person, there are some awesome things that are far better to enjoy in winter. It is very tempting in winter to warm up the red wine with a cheese platter and sit around a fire with family and friends. August is the last month of winter and we will all be getting ready to greet the fabulous months of Spring.
Here are some exciting events and entertainment schedules for the final month of winter:
- Coffee to COFI – at CTU rooftop Sandton. The latest fiber trends will be introduced by guest speaker Justin Hartley a certified Fiber Engineer. He will inform guests about the most reliable fastest internet technology to hit South Africa. Discussions will include what FTTX and COFI are, and why they are different. There will also be a Q&A session as well as networking opportunities.
- 2018 iSA Lighting Trend Show – at the Sandton Convention Center on the 16 and 17th August 2018. This is a great show that will exhibit the best of lighting manufacturers in South Africa. The exhibition includes outdoor lighting, commercial lighting, solar lighting, decorative lighting and much more. There is a huge rage of options and you are guaranteed to find what you are looking for.
- Food Truck Fridays – from 27 July to 25 August at The Sands Sandton, hosted by We Heart Events. A wonderful event for the whole family to enjoy where you can experience wonderful delights from the best of the best food trucks in the business. A full bar is included along with live music, which a great way to end a busy week. Entry is free and space is limited, so book your spot early.
- Metal Nights Heavy Metal Gathering A Journey Through All That Is Metal – 3 August 2018 at Halo Bar, Strijdom Park, Randburg, Johannesburg. for all that are heavy metal fans be sure to join in and experience the best of the best this spectacular evening.
- Grease Interactive Movie Experience – 04 August 2018 at Rusty Hook, Honeydew, Johannesburg. Dig out your takkies, hooped skirts and leather jackets and rock n roll at this one of a kind Grease movie interaction experience which will be hydromatic, systematic and automatic. There will be prizes up for grabs for the best dressed, so what are you waiting for, book your tickets now.
- Friday Sunsets at The Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton – 6 July to 31 August 2018. Indulge in some of the finest sun downers to end your busy week on a high note. Drinks will be on special so bring your friends and enjoy the music at the pool deck while sipping your cocktails.
- SA Women’s Entrepreneurship Conference – starting 7 August to 8 August 2918. This conference is important for South Africa’s economic growth. Day 1 will host conference keynotes and panel discussions. Day 2 master classes will be held and a Gala Dinner. This conference will provide an opportunity for empowering women countrywide as well as help to create gender equality which is crucial for creating a sustainable economy. You will have the opportunity to experience valuable resources and services from handpicked exhibitors and business organizations.
- Brandy and Chocolate Tasting – on 4 August 2018 at Misty Hills Country Hotel, Conference Center, Muldersdrift, Johannesburg. Come along and indulge in some of the finest chocolates and brandy tasting at Misty Hills. Brandies such as 10 year Boschendal, 15 year Van Ryn’s, and 10 year Richelieu will be displayed for tasting.
This is just a few of the events and entertainment you can look forward to and enjoy in the month of August.