It’s that time of the year again where December offers a month of celebrations, festivals and fun. A month full of secular and religious festivals and holidays, along with a line up of fantastic events and entertainment for the whole family to enjoy. There are many reasons for you to relax and celebrate this month.
December is a time where family and friends get together and spend quality time with each other from near and far. Every attempt has been made to provide you with the best entertainment and events in Sandton and Joburg. This year the City of Gold comes alive offering a wide selection of events and activities that will keep you and your family entertained throughout the festive season.
Here is are some activities and events you can look forward to this festive season:
- G-Bets 2018 Gauteng Summer Cup – 1 December 2018 at Turfontein Racecourse. This is Joburg’s most respected and longest running annual horse race. In addition to the horse racing, this event is offering a variety of entertainment and a fantastic display of top fresh South African talent. You can look forward to singers, dancers and field bands as well as fashion shows along with good food and drinks.
- The Goldfish Outdoor Experience – 15 December 2018 powered by 5FM at Val Bonne Country Estate. This is a unique and exclusive outdoor festival with a chilled picnic in the park atmosphere where you can enjoy great live music, fresh food stalls and free kids entertainment in an fresh outdoor environment.
- The Afro Punk Festival – 30 to 31 December 2018 at Constitution Hill Johannesburg. Where Old Years Eve says goodbye to 2018 and hello to 2019. People from all over South Africa attend this grand occasion. Not to be missed.
- Monsoon Lagoon Celebrates Emperors Palace 20th Birthday – 13 December 2018 at the Red Roman Shed Kempton Park. You are all invited to the party where you can enjoy live entertainment and meet Mark Pilgrim and other DJ’s. This is a party not to be missed.
- The Boy Who Cried Ninja – 4 to 12 December 2018 at Pieter Toerien Theater Montecasino. This fantastic musical depicts a young boy that is telling the truth and no one believes him that a ninja ate his last piece of cake and a giant squid ate his book bag. A wonderful musical for the whole family to enjoy.
- The Revlon Girl – 6 November to 2 December 2018 at the Auto and General Theater, Sandton. The play is based on a mining accident that took place in Aberfan South Wales where a 116 school children and 29 adults were killed. This all South African cast promises a spectacular performance.
- Snow White – 3 November to 23 December 2018 at the Mandela Theater Braamfontein. This Disney classic is a must for the whole family.
- Tina Simply The Best – 6 to 16 December 2018 at the Roodepoort Theater in Roodepoort. For all those Tina Turner fans come and enjoy this wonderful tribute to Tina Turner that is backed by a complete band, backing vocalists, dancers and a brass section lead by Caroline Borole.
- Walter Sisulu Christmas Carols and Market – 1 to 2 December 2018 at the Walter Sisulu National Botanical Gardens. A wonderful outing for the whole family where you can enjoy a live performance by the Welsh Male Voice Choice of SA along with various other artists.
This is only a few of the fantastic activities lined up for December. We wish you a wonderful festive season and a prosperous New Year.